[no subject]

Hello all:

Dr. A Rusli (arusli@home.unpar.ac.id) wrote:

I would like to request information on the origins of the word "litre", a
unit for volume.

I got the story on Claude Emile Jean-Baptiste Litre (1716-1778) from some
newsletter, photocopied by a friend and given to me many years ago; the two
page article being written by K A Woolner, Dept of Physics University of
Waterloo, Waterloo ON, N2L 3G1, Canada, and was taken from "Chem 13 News,
No. 95, April 1978". I cannot check upon these sources.

Please check out

http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/JDebord/humour.htm

Regards,
John