One-way mirrorr - Another way

Hi Folks!
I would like to pick up the thread on the discussion on one-way mirror again.

I just thought of another way of producing a one-way mirror of sorts. Though it may not be as effective it will allow brightness on both sides of the mirror to be equal.

The window pan should be a dark glass plate of absorbance (sp?) a. It can be silvered on one side to give reflectance r. In this case the light transmitted in both direction will have same intensity but reflection will be stronger on the silvered side. Therefore on the silvered side the light transmitted will be overwhelmed by the brightly reflected light. I have done some simple arithmetic that I can share with the readers in this regards.

Makes any sense?
Thanks.
-Hasan Fakhruddin