Re: Physics Videos

Ken's reply to Tom is below...

Reply to message from greenslade@KENYON.EDU of Fri, 23 Apr

One of my graduates, who is now teaching in a secondary school, recently
asked where to find a videotape version of the footage of Galileo's experiment
done on the moon -- the dropping of the hammer and some other object.

Can anyone tell me which collection of videos has this segment on it?

Tom Greenslade
Kenyon College

Tom,

My guess is that I will have seen you personally in Gambier before
you open this.

Just saying that the Mechanical Universe series (even the high
school reduction parts of which we use a lot) has the "dropping of hammer
and feather" segment from the moon.

There may be other sources, but this is a good one.

See you soon,

Ken

--
Kenneth A. Kane HAM CALL SIGN: KG8DN ^[ /^ Novelty and
9619 Pekin Road Gilmour Academy Physics [/ [^^ [\ ] Gates Mills