"one-way" mirrors?

Can someone please help me out on the issue of "one-way" mirrors? One of
my high school students has asked how the mirrors work when they allow
people on one side to see a reflection, but allow people on the other
side to see "through". I'm almost positive that I remember talking about
this in an undergrad class, but I don't remember maybe details.

Thanks in advance.

Jennifer Seckinger

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]