Re: Accounting of teaching hours

Robert Foley wrote:
in the Sciences we almost never meet that since we too are
not given 1 to 1 credit for laboratory and discussion sections -
which are rated at one contact-hour = 1/2 credit hours.

I suppose that one reason (excuse?) for this would be a claim that labs
require less prep time than classes. Certainly that would depend a lot
on whether one has lab support personel. I think lab prep time would
also have a greater dependence (than class prep) on whether the lab was
done in previous years.

In the spirit of physics, has anyone actually studied/measured this?

--
--James McLean
jmclean@chem.ucsd.edu