Re: Unit Scaling Prefixes: (was Birthday Wish)

Despite all that has been said here, one can buy keyboards that can be
programmed. I have one where the keyboard can have a number of keys
programmed as macro's. So a keyboard could be designed that has a series of
extra keys that could be programmed to access a system font (Symbol) and
insert such into a number of programs (especially an Office Suite).

If one uses Word (other word processors as well--I suspect) you can setup a
number of key combinations to print any symbol, including the Greek letters.
The Alt-character sequence is undefined in Word for many of the letters and
can be setup so that for example Alt-A prints an alpha, etc.

Rick

Richard W. Tarara
Department of Chemistry & Physics
Saint Mary's College
Notre Dame, IN 46556
219-284-4664
rtarara@saintmarys.edu

FREE PHYSICS INSTRUCTIONAL SOFTWARE AVAILABLE
see descriptions at:

http://www.saintmarys.edu/~rtarara/