No Confidence Resolutions - CSU Chancellor Reed

Dear phys-l and cur-l listmembers,

This message is aimed primarily at those of you who may have
colleagues and friends contemplating a move to a California State University
campus.

Currently, we are saddled with a Chancellor who, in my opinion, has
little or no respect for his faculty. He also has, in my opinion, little or
no understanding of the importance of research in predominantly
undergraduate institutions.

The Academic Senate here at Cal State Fullerton has passed a No
Confidence Resolution in our Chancellor (Charles B. Reed), as have Academic
Senates at seven other campuses in the California State University system.
Copies of the Fullerton resolution and links to the other resolutions can be
found at

http://chaos.fullerton.edu/reed.html

Please distribute this information widely to your colleagues....

Sincerely,

Dr. Mark H. Shapiro

Chair, Department of Physics
California State University, Fullerton