Re: Birthday Wish

On Sat, 10 Apr 1999, brian whatcott wrote:

I know a person who claims to have an engineering degree who refers
to a term like "33MHz" as thirty three millihertz.

Becareful, oftentimes in engineering, M is used instead of m or mu for
milli- or micro-. I'm not sure why this is, but I do know that it is
done. Many capacitors are labelled 'MF' for microfarads.

J. Douglas Patterson
Adjunct Inst of Physics & Physical Science
Office: SCI 105C
Phone: (913)469-4444 Ext. 5947
http://www.jccc.net/~dpatter

"When you are courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second.
When you sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour.
That's relativity." - Albert Einstein -