Re: Comments about HS Physics Texts

Kenneth A. Kane wrote:

At Gilmour Academy (private prep school) we are considering

changing to a more rigorous physics text for 11th grade high school

physics.

We are looking most closely at the following:

1) Zitewicz & Neff: Physics, Principles & Problems

Pub: Merrill (thru Glencoe/McGraw-Hill)

2) Serway & Faughn: Physics

Pub: Holt Rinehart & Winston

We would appreciate your comments. Thanks,

Ken Kane

Gilmour Academy

I use the Merrill text now.... I would go with Serway. I have not seen
the book, but, I have heard some very good reviews..

Pete Lohstreter