Re: AP Physics Experments List

Tony,
What about:
Becqueral - investigation into x-rays leading to discovery of radioactivity
Cuies - discovery of new elements
Thomson - measurment of e/m ratio
Hertz -discovery of radio waves
Geiger and Marsden - alpha particle scattering
Frank and Hertz - energy levels in an atom
Davisson and Germer - electron diffraction
Joule - paddle wheel (and temperature increase for water in a waterfall)
Josephson -barrier tunnelling:Josephson junction
Gabor - holography
Glaser - bubble chamber
Mossbauer -resonance absorption of gamma rays
Landau - work with liquid helium

Brian McInnes

I teach AP Physics at our school. I was trying to come with a list of
experiemtns for my studnets to study for the AP exam. I want them to know who
did, what is demonstrated, how the calculations were done and the physical
setup. Can you think of any experiments other than the one's below?

Cavindish -"G"
Millikin -elementary charge
Rutherford -Nucleus
Compton -x-ray scattering