"natural kinematics"

greetings,
i teach physics and mathematics at henry cogswell college in everett,
washington. we are structuring a physics course that will be given to
computer and video imaging students at our college. these students are
learning to do animations/simulations and are using canned programs. imbedded
in these programs is the use of "inverse kinematics" which takes a figure that
has been instructed to make a movement and applies the appropriate (perhaps)
kinematics to the movement. from my invesitgations it appears that inverse
kinematics was invented by CS departments. we think it is necessary for these
students to know more about the kinematics. currently, i am planning to do
fundamental kinematics with a lab (using vernier tools), then lead to
discussion of biped and quadruped motion.

now to the point, given all this i am seeking resources/dialog to help
construct this course. i am willing to collaborate with any and all that are
interested.

peter mccardell