Re: A Determination of the Gravitational Constant

At 10:23 3/10/99 -0600, you wrote:
Ludwik,
Hasn't that are ready been do with the Etvos experiment to much
greater accuracy - I seem to remember Dicke getting it to be the same to one
part in ten to the 15 or something like that.

Gary
Gary Karshner

St. Mary's University
San Antonio, Texas
KARSHNER@STMARYTX.EDU

I am embarrassed to mention that I snipped the editorial mention of
how huge is the gap beween error brackets given for various determinations
and the raw difference in their values.
It seems we are lucky to hit closer than 0.1 percent difference between
successive full-blown derterminations, at times.
The gravitational constant is a tough one!

Brian
.
brian whatcott <inet@intellisys.net>
Altus OK