Re: request

Jim: some of us are on multiple listserves, and are able to get the gist
of the reply by looking at the other messages. It is a waste of *our* time
to hunt for the message that is being responded to, just as it is a waste
of *your* time to sort through it again.

Your point is well taken, but there are "different strokes for different
folks". I suspect that your inconvenience is my convenience, and visa
versa. Are you having bandwidth problems with your server/computer, or
just personal bandwidth problems? Karl

Please refrain from quoting whole messages and all the signature/
taglines, etc with every reply.
I read phys-l in digest form and cannot skip messages conveniently
since the next message on the normal list is all part of the message
that I am reading. Needing to page through Donald's booklist five times or
Janes legislative reminders multiple times is not informative.
Learn to quote only the relevant part for your reply if any of it needs to
be quoted. Thank you.
Jim Braunsdorf

Dr. Karl I. Trappe Desk Phone: (512) 471-4152
Physics Dept, Mail Stop C-1600 Demo Office: (512) 471-5411
The University of Texas at Austin Home Phone: (512) 264-1616
Austin, Texas 78712-1081