Re: trebuchet

At 19:31 2/12/99 -0700, you wrote:
... I did a thing this
year with catapults in my high school physics class. The basic rules were
that the catapult had to launch a gummy bear into a target that was located
5 meters away. The catapult could be powered by up to three rubber bands (
I provided size limits on the rubber bands), had to be "set", and then
"launched" by the operation of some sort of release device....

Glenn Knapp

If I recall, the catapulta represented more advanced technology than the
gravity driven trebuchet. Animal tendon is apparently a material of choice
from antiquity. Surprising strength and elasticity.

Brian
brian whatcott <inet@intellisys.net>
Altus OK