can anyone recommend a mechanics text?

I'll be teaching a junior-level course in mechanics next fall
for the first time. Can anyone out there recommend a text?
I have two concerns. First, most of the texts seem to be a
little too advanced, in the level of sophistication that they
expect of the students. Second, most of the texts seem to cost
$95 to $100. If a book were really good I wouldn't mind asking
my students to pay this much, but I'm just not that excited
about any of the books I've seen. I guess a third concern
is that I'd like to find a book that's at least a little bit
interesting to read, that will inspire the students and help
them enjoy the course rather than view it as a hurdle.

Any advice will be most welcome.

Dan Schroeder
Physics Dept.
Weber State University