Re: Train physics

At 02:55 2/2/99 -0500, you wrote:
Warning this posting is R rated. There is no sex or violence,
but it does involve using a toilet. But it IS about physics.

OK you were warned. I ride the train to work every day.
Recently I was urinating. (For those who don't know me
I'm a male-type person.) The train braked and the stream
began following a curved path. For a second I thought,
"Oh Geez, did my you-know-what just break?" And then I
realized, (in unison now) "No dummy, it's a non-inertial
reference frame!"
See, it was physics, after all. No, I'm not doing this
demo for my class.

Bill Larson
Switzerland
email: Bill_Larson@compuserve.com

Though business (in the U.S at least), finds reason enough to monitor
employee phone calls, review email messages, and install lipstick video
cameras in offices and yes, rest rooms all without prior permission, it is
unimaginable to see much rest room physics talk here... all part of our
puritan ..er.. work ethic, dontcha know :-)
Bill's been away too long!

Brian
brian whatcott <inet@intellisys.net>
Altus OK