Re: Verify and comment, please.

You might find the Klopsteg Memorial Lecture: " Physics at the Breakfast Table - or Waking up to Physics " by Sidney R. Nagel of interest (American Journal of Physics, 67, (1) January 1999 pp 17-25 ) Also see the Bibliography he gives on the behavior of granular materials. They have quite different modes of behavior!