Re: Free software ELECTRICITY

Subject: Free software ELECTRICITY

THIS IS FROM ANOTHER LIST. How good is the program?

I reviewed Crocodile Clips in a comparative review of circuit simulators in
the Autumn 1997 Physics Courseware Communicator. (Other packages were DC
Circuits and Edison.)

You can get a pdf version of the newsletter here:

http://www2.ncsu.edu/ncsu/pams/physics/PCEP/www/PCC/PCC.html

and follow the link to the Autumn '97 issue.

Although I'm not a fan of circuit simulations in general, Crocodile seems to
hit a good balance between going beyond abstract circuits (schematics only,
bad for students) and the ability to simulate real-world components.

JEG

John E. Gastineau john@gastineau.org KC8IEW
900 B Ridgeway Ave. http://gastineau.home.mindspring.com
Morgantown WV 26505 (304) 296-1966 voice (304) 296-5035 fax
USA