Re: violin string vibrations

A student of mine is now completing an experimental extended essay of
how tuning one string on a Hardanger fiddle (a norwegian variant of the
violin) affect the other strings. If you are interested, I can ask her
to communicate her findings.

Jayasanker_J wrote:

Hi *,

I am interested in the analysis of violin string vibrations;
the musicians apply certain simple rules to improve the melody
of the tunes; my objective is to see how the application of
the rules will look like in equation form and to use this
knowledge to synthesise sound; any suggestions for
reference reading material is welcome

thanks,
Jaya
Siemens / Singapore