Re: First Law (now perpetual motion)

On Sat, 23 Jan 1999 22:19:55 -0600 brian whatcott <inet@INTELLISYS.NET>
writes:
At 21:47 1/23/99 -0500, you wrote:
... connect a wire from wingtip to wingtip of a transcontental
airplane. Then, using magnetic shielding, cover the return wire that
runs back to the cockpit. As the plane flies horizontally, the wire
cuts magnetic lines of force...

Herb Gottlieb

This is reminiscent of Faraday's attempt to measure a current flowing
transverse to the River Thames from wires dipped into each side of
that river.

Is this similar to the Hall Effect where we find a potential
difference across the sides of a current carrying conductor
in a magnetic field?

By the way.... was Faraday's attempt successful??

Herb Gottlieb from New York City
Where we believe more things than anyone from Missouri)