Re: a couple of points on flight

On Sat, 16 Jan 1999, JACK L. URETSKY (C)1998; HEP DIVISION, ARGONNE NATIONAL LAB ARGONNE, IL 60439 wrote:

It's a quantitative question that depends upon the "angle of attack"
of the airfoil. If the angle is sufficient to give lift, then the downstream
deflection is greater than the upstream deflection, giving a net lift. This
is apparently illustrated in the Anderson-Eberhart paper.
Regards,
Jack

I think this is precisely where the pilots I've had discussion
with seem to miss the point. They insist that with zero angle of attack,
and with no net deviation of the airstream, that the Bernoulli equation
still insists that the airfoil will fly.

Mike Monce
Connecticut College