Re: GFI (again)

brian whatcott wrote:

Or at a slightly more trusting level, a device connected to a
'downstream' outlet is to be deenergized by punching the GFI's
'test' button....

Of course that only proves that the GFI _CAN_ cut off the downstream
outlets, not that it _WILL_ during an accident at the downdstream
outlet.

By the way. I asked our electrician who was at school today if we had or
could install GFI protection in the physics lab. No we don't have it.
Yes it could be done...with _one_ unit at the service entry to the room.
He estimated cost at less than $200. Sounds like a good deal. We'll do
it this winter when we upgrade the computers.

Also, he--the electrician--insisted that they are GIF or GIC--I
forget--but did not know what the acronym stood for. It there another
designation besides GFI?

Dave
--
David A. Simmons