Re: GFI (again)

At 14:12 1/12/99 -0500, you wrote:
... All the juice that flows to ANY outlet must
also flow thru the first (GFI) outlet. If the HOT current is greater than
the NEUTRAL current (at the GFI) the ENTIRE circuit is disconnected (even
if the fault occurs at a 'downstream' outlet).

(if Leigh agreed with me, would THAT count as an authority figure?)
Chuck Britton

Hmmm...I prefered the "It depends..." answer.
What can be miswired, will be miswired.

How about a test? A connector with the live lead fixed to
a 120 kilohm resistor connected to a long lead with a giant
crocodile clip for fixing to some ground.

Or at a slightly more trusting level, a device connected to a
'downstream' outlet is to be deenergized by punching the GFI's
'test' button....

Brian
brian whatcott <inet@intellisys.net>
Altus OK