Date: Sat, 02 Jan 1999 17:41:28 -0500
From: Michael Kisielius <Michael_Kisielius@ocdsb.edu.on.ca>
To: billb@eskimo.com
Subject: VanderGraaff safety

I've read most of your data on the generator but I experienced a small
mishap during our gr9 science demo before xmas. I am a teacher and we
were demonstrating the electric charges around the hair of a brave
student. They all wanted to try it and they joined hands in a daisy
chain. Someone touched the water faucet and they all felt a jolt. One
student came up tyo me and said his heart felt funny. It was racing
like crazy and I thought it might be fibrillating. I called home etc.
and was very worried for him even after the heart rate went down after
5 minutes. Did I do something that may have affected his health?