Re: Physics of boomerangs...

Southern Illinois University at Edwardsville was host this past summer to
the International Boomerang Festival which featured individuals and teams
from all over the world. Most of the competitions were free this summer on
our soccer fields and drew thousands of spectators to see the events.
Gary Braodbent was one of the competitors and I agree with Dwight, until
you have seen a four foot boomerang thrown and fly through the air, you
cannot believe anything can move that slowly and gracefully while remaining
in flight. Our local chapter of AAPT had a boomerang demonstration several
years ago by a gentleman from St. Louis. He also described the Physics and
then demonstrated his products. He also made goodly profit. I would highly
recommend this topic for any Science Seminar-Assembly.