Re: fluid analogs of battery, resistor, capacitor, inductor

At 07:57 12/13/98 -0500, you wrote:

In order for the flow analogy between the fluid and electric currents to
be in a closer correspondence we should not assume that the pipe is
unobstructed. Rather we should think of the pipe as being loosely filled
with a fixed permeable wadding or stuffing that creates friction with the
moving fluid throughout the pipe's interior. This will tend to cause the
pipe's resistance to be proportional to L/A. ....
David Bowman
dbowman@georgetowncollege.edu

This brings to mind a visit to Guy's Hospital.
A researcher talked of leading blood flow through many capillary tubes
packed in a glass tube to enforce laminar (if restricted) flow.

brian whatcott <inet@intellisys.net>
Altus OK