SETI

This one really flipped me over!  Go to
http://www.discovery.com/indep/newsfeatures/setiathome/setiathome.html

for info on SETI's new screensaver that would allow our PCs to analyse some of SETI's astro data that would have been backgound downloaded while the user was on the Net.  The results would also be background uploaded!  The screensaver will be available next April, unless this is an April fool's day joke...  Wow to technology!  And to think that I wrote my last exam at university using a slide rule!  My first calculator costed me $150 and could only do basic math functions...no trig on that one!
Five years ago, only 5 of my 30 seniors had a computer at home.  Today 5 out of 33 do not have Internet at home!