From: DEVARAKONDA VENKATA NARAYANA SARMA
[mailto:narayana@HD1.DOT.NET.IN]
Sent: Wednesday, December 09, 1998 9:21 PM
To: PHYS-L@LISTS.NAU.EDU
Subject: Re: Three liars, in FORTRAN [long]

At 10:37 AM 12/8/98 -0600, John Trammell wrote:

Compiled versus interpreted only makes a difference in the coding
cycle. Interpreted means a faster cycle, in my opinion. Most
interpreted languages that I deal with lack sin(), log(), etc., so
that leaves Perl. Quick and Dirty.

Is a FORTRAN interpreter available? There used to be one for FORTRAN77
written by University of Waterloo (WATFOR) staff and used at CERN.

regards,

sarma.