Re: Three liars, in FORTRAN [long]

James Mclean wrote:

Huh? I thought that the original attraction of C was that it was
very "close to the machine", compared to comtemporaries FORTRAN and

That probably depends on the machine. Write a unix shell script and you
can probably guess your way through the grammar of a C (or Perl)
program. I believe that once the interpreter has loaded a Perl script
runs almost as fast as its compiled C counterpart because these
languages are so close to the machine.

Doug Craigen "Technology with purpose"
http://www.dctech.com