Re: Re; Pasco Interfaces

I managed to get the SCSI card to work under WNT, but at the >cost of using
the ethernet card. Still haven't got round to fixing >this.

To save the expense of obtaining SCSI cards we tried the XPRESS parallel
port to SCSI with success (PC COnnection). This allows you to plug in the
PASCO interface in parallel with your printer. This has been a cost value
solution for us. No interupt problems. No inserting cards. Easy transfer
to other computers.

enough for what I wanted to do but worked only in short >bursts) Is the 100
kHz rate a purely digital data transfer rate, or >what? In what circs is
However, in each of these cases I suspect that the computer speed rather
than the Pasco interface itself was the biggest part of the problem.

I have our 700 and 750 interfaces on Mac Classics to 266 Pentium II machines.
I have noticed that the interface is very much limited by the platform that
uses it.

Tim

Timothy C. Burgess, Ph.D.
Chair of the Science Department
UMS-Wright Preparatory School
65 North Mobile Street
Mobile, Alabama 36607 Home: (334)-432-3024

E-mail: tburgess@jaguar1.usouthal.edu