Methanol Cannon Accident

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sun, 29 Nov 1998 11:20:07 -0500 (EST)
From: Labsafe@aol.com
To: LABSAFETY-L@SIU.EDU, Safety <SAFETY@UVMVM.UVM.EDU>, Safe-NZ@niwa.cri.nz,
"Nat'l.al Assn. for Res. in Sci. Teaching"
<NARST-L@science.coe.uwf.edu>,
nsela-l@science.coe.uwf.edu, NAOSMM@LISTSERV.RICE.EDU, dchas-l@SIU.EDU,
chemlab_L@vax1.bemidji.msus.edu, CHEMCOM@LISTSERV.ACSU.BUFFALO.EDU,
biopi-l@sku.edu, APCHEM-L@LISTSERV.ACSU.BUFFALO.EDU,
"Assoc. for the Educ. of Teachers in Sci." <AETS-L@science.coe.uwf.edu>,
AERA-K@ASUM.INRE.ASU.EDU
Subject: Methanol Cannon Accident

Recently, there was a serious accident at a high school in
California. The posting on the CHEMED discussion are
below.

Does anyone have any more information on what went
wrong?

If anyone gets the newspaper articles, I would appreciate
receiving copies.

LSW will be conducting seminars in Hartford the first week
of January, throughout Florida in January and February and
in California in March. ... jim

James A. Kaufman, President
The Laboratory Safety Workshop
192 Worcester Road, Natick, MA 01760
508-647-1900 Fax: 508-647-0062 LabSafe@aol.com
Safety in Science Education

The Laboratory Safety Workshop is a national non-profit educational
organization dedicated to making health and safety an integral and
important part of science education. Free copies of our Laboratory
Safety Guidelines, Publications List, AV-Lending Library List, seminar
schedule, and membership information are available on request.

The LABSAFETY-L discussion list is a public service of LSW.
Visit our growing web site at www:LABSAFETY.ORG

METHANOL CANNON ACCIDENT FILE......

Subj: CHEMED-L digest 867