Re: Conserving Q ? (long)

I missed a lot of this thread, but I am quite baffled by what I now see.
The displacement current is quirte obviously a source of B via the curl
equation, just as is a current of charges. If it were not, there could
be no electromagnetic waves in the vacuum. The energy osciallates back
and forth between electgric and magnetic fields. The time varying
magnetic field acts as generator of electric field (as is well known
experimentally from Faraday), and conversely, to complete the chain, the
time varying electric field (the "displacement current") must act as a
source of the magnetic field. Otherwise the oscillation stops and there
is no such thing as light.
J. Epstein