Re: Y2k

Message text written by "phys-l@lists.nau.edu: Forum for Physics Educators"

Our college president is contemplating delaying the start of spring
semester 2000 from Jan 3 to Jan 10, "just in case." He wants to know if
that is crazy chicken-little stuff, prudent, or a merely an indifferent
waste of a thought.

Larry<

I have no special expertise on the Y2K bug, but I'd think computer
registration might get screwed up, so prepare for that, but classes
are one dude talkin' to other dudes. Dudes do not contain Y2K prone
electronics & so are immune.

Bill Larson
Geneva