Re: Conserving Q ?

Referring to:

... An experiment was performed showing that I1 is larger than I2.
And integrals of currents (when I1>0 and I2>0) differ in the same
way. For example, I1=5*I2 and Q1=5*Q2. Would such data be in
conflict with the law of conservation of electric charges? I do not
think so. By the way, the description of a real experiment of that
kind is going to be posted separately.

Bob Sciamanda wrote:

The conservation of Q thesis is vindicated if you can find the
"missing" charge elsewhere!

In the context of the hypothetical setup (a battery, two wires, C
and R) the missing charge must be in the battery. In other words,
the difference between Q1 and Q2 seems to indicate that the
number of electrons coming out of one battery terminal is not
equal to the number of electrons returning through the other.
This does not violate the law of conservation of electric charges.
But it is a rather strange and unusual occurrence.

We are puzzled by what is observed with the disectable capacitor,
as described earlier today. Please help to solve the puzzle. How
does one battery terminal know what happens at the other
terminal? By what happens in the circuit. The disectable
capacitor, however, is not like other circuits in this respect.

By the way, a single dielectric plate will already display a net
non-zero charge (which is a surprise). The disectable C setup is
superior because it shows that the signs and magnitudes of Q1
and Q2 are different. This is more than knowing the sum of
Q1+Q2. The question about the "missing charge" must be
answered to understand the data. Why does a net charge
appear on the dielectric after the capacitor is discharged?
There should be plenty of aligned dipoles but not a net
charge, according to most textbooks.

Ludwik Kowalski