Re: More than you ever wanted to know. . . .

Hi all-
Even more radical is Burton Mack's "Who Wrote the New Testament".
Crossan says he is bound by his faith, Mack seems to have no such reservations.
I am currently reading the very conservative and scholarly "Introduction to the New
Testament" by Raymond Brown. I recommend it as a readable exposition of mainstream
scholarly thought".
I agree. And you may be aware of Dominic Crossan's book on this issue. It
tries to peel away the myths and get at the real substance. If you're not
aware of it, I can send you the reference.

Van E. Neie ven@physics.purdue.edu
******************************

Regards,
Jack

"I scored the next great triumph for science myself,
to wit, how the milk gets into the cow. Both of us
had marveled over that mystery a long time. We had
followed the cows around for years - that is, in the
daytime - but had never caught them drinking fluid of
that color."
Mark Twain, Extract from Eve's
Autobiography