Re: The Millenium

|The vast majority of Mankind has decided (without even =
||thinking about it) that the Millenium begins Jan 1 2000. =
||If the unwashed masses declare F =3D mv, they are wrong.
|If the unwashed masses declare the Millenium begins =

Not at all. We, who ought to know, have the responsibility to teach the
masses the _correct_ numbering system. The "vast majority" has all sorts
of incorrect ideas. Our major effort should be to correct these ideas. We
should stand on the house tops and proclaim this truth. We should teach
our students and fellow faculty. (There is no sense trying to teach the
administration; they never believe the truth!) We should write to
newspapers and call talk shows. We must stamp out this evil.

Jim Green
E-mail mailto:JMGreen@sisna.com
WWW http://users.sisna.com/jmgreen