Re: apples and oranges

On Tue, 3 Nov 1998, Ludwik Kowalski wrote:
May I have your permission of posting this (using big letters) in
our classroom? Thanks for a good list.

Feel free to post or publish as you wish. It has served my students
pretty well over the years. Here is the short version that lives in each
student's notebook (in big letters):

Problem Solving Strategy:
(1) Sketch situation
(2) Identify data
(3) Identify outcome(s)
(4) Select relationship(s)
(5) Plan solution(s)
(6) Execute solution(s)
(7) Verify solution(s)

Best wishes,

Larry

Larry Cartwright
Physics, Physical Science, Internet Teacher
Charlotte High School, 378 State Street, Charlotte MI 48813
<physics@scnc.cps.k12.mi.us> or <science@scnc.cps.k12.mi.us>