Re: Use of Tops Projector

On Wed, 21 Oct 1998 18:52:57 -0400 Mathieu Dubreuil
<Mathieu.Dubreuil@cyberscol.qc.ca> writes:
Hy,

Under an inch of dust in far corner of the school, I found a "Tops
Projector" made by Cenco. In a retractable metal case that goes from 3
feet to 5 feet, there's a 150 w bulb a lens and 2 mirrors. My technician
speculate it's an old
overhead projector. I think their's something more.
So, what's the use of a "Tops projector" ?

"TOPS" projection apparatus was used by science teachers
to show chemical reactions between small quantities of
reactants in tiny test tubes and other miniaturized glassware.

Instead of placing items on a horizontal stage, with illumination
from below, the mirrors made it possible to have illumination
from the side to project the entire length of a vertical test tube..

Herb Gottlieb from New York City
(Where our "TOPS" apparatus is also covered with layers of dust
at the present time)