Re: B battery

Here are some thoughts.... in my youth there were B batteries... These
commonly had voltages in the range of 90 V.... The were used for the
plate potential, A were used for filaments and C were used for grid bias.

Today, the letters are commonly used for the sizes of the cells, as
they were also then.

I suspect that we do not have a size B simply to avoid confusion with
the high voltage B batteries.

Bob Curtis