Re: Virtual laboratories software

As long as we're talking about Interactive Physics, kudos to Cindy for her
Interactive Physics Player Workbook (Prentice Hall). I use it quite a bit.
It has the advantage of saving wheel reinvention in developing simulations,
of being tied to many of the popular texts in introductory physics and
giving a the students a relatively low cost (approx. $30.00) version of IP.
I think you could buy your own, full blown vedion, develop your own stuff
and use it to supplement the workbook since the player the students get
should read the files you create too.

Knowledge Revolution (makers of IP) has a links page leading to simulations
written by others at http://www.krev.com/products/ip_rs.html. They also
will provide you with a free demo version at
http://www.krev.com/free_demo.html

Our electronics dept. uses Electronic Workbench. I'll see if I can pick
their brains.