Re: Supplementary S.I. units

I may have missed the answer to this in the original post (which I have
deleted) suggesting a dimension for angles. If so, my apologies.

As pointed out in the simple rules or units and dimensions, in equations
dimensions combine in an almost arithmetic manner. (I say 'almost' because
[length] + [length] = [length], not 2*[length].)

It appears that an angular dimension would not follow those rules.
Dividing arc length by radius, we get
[length] / [length] = [angle] .

Is it possible to get around this difficulty? I suppose that arc lengths
could be given dimensions of [length][angle], but how would you know
whether a random path was a 'length' or an 'arc length'?

--
--James McLean
jmclean@chem.ucsd.edu