Re: Working with Phys-l

Prof. John P. Ertel (wizard) wrote:

To subscribe to Phys-L, make sure that your SUBJECT: line is blank and
send only the following message to: LISTPROC@ATLANTIS.CC.UWF.EDU

SUBSCRIBE PHYS-L Firstname Lastname

Make sure that you DO NOT include ANY other lines of text (especially a
signature)!

Actually, Listproc is not bothered by non-empty subject lines, and those
were okay with Listserv as well. This was a requirement for one of the
other listservers, maybe MajorDomo, used with other lists but it's never
been a requirement for any of our various phys-l servers.

The current address for Listproc is listproc@atlantis.uwf.edu, but I'm
pretty sure the older address (with the .cc included) is aliased so
it'll still work fine.

If you include other lines of text in your message, don't worry, nothing
with blow up. Listproc thinks everything you send him is a command, so
all you'll get is a message back saying he doesn't understand the
signature lines.

As I understand it, Phys-L will soon* move to Arizona where our "human
host" will be Dan MacIsaac at Northern Arizona State.
<Dan.MacIsaac@Nau.Edu>

Also correct. Dan and I will be moving the list sometime in October,
with the transition complete by November 1. We'll be posting a schedule
pretty soon now. The migration should be transparent for all
subscribers, except that you'll need to update your "nicknames" files to
reflect the new address for phys-l.

--
Richard C. Smith, Ph.D. Voice: (850) 476-9352
55 Birdwhistell Blvd. Fax: (850) 476-4193