From: Mark Sylvester <msylvest@spin.it>
To: phys-l@atlantis.uwf.edu <phys-l@atlantis.uwf.edu>
Date: Sunday, September 20, 1998 2:01 PM
Subject: Re: Electronics for Physicists

Friends in the engineering world tell me that microcontrollers are the
thing. These chips contain a cpu, just enough RAM and somewhat more
programmable ROM. They now cost very little - from $2 to $10 a chip. The
nice thing about them is that a physicist with only very basic
electronics
can set up a circuit that will do just about anything you want. Has
anyone
used these things?

Mark.