Re: Essential (was Computer) Skills

Ok (and I agree) but does this mean an undergrad physics degree could
consist of, say, electronics, quantum, computer programing, computer
interfacing, optics, mathematical methods but NO senior level mechanics or
E&M? Or how about a program focusing on material sciences with lots of
chemistry, quantum, and solid state but no electronics, optics or
computers? Which topics and skills definitively separate us physicists from
chemists, computer scientists or electrical engineers?

kyle