Re: air blowing out of an old mine

A couple of thoughts.
1. In the mountains, even in the summer, the surface temperature may be
higher than the cave or mine temperature during the day, and may be lower
than the cave or mine temperature during the night.

2. Also in the mountains the peaks oftem heat up and cool down faster
than the valleys. It is very common to have an uphill wind during the day
and a downhill wind at night. For a mine or cave with multiple openings
this could set up Bernouilli effect induced flows.