Re: Action - Reaction Demo

On Tue, 15 Sep 1998, Donald E. Simanek wrote:

On Tue, 15 Sep 1998, Ken Fox wrote:

Have you ever tried to do this?
Give students a small ball of clay and ask them to hold it between thumb
and index finger. Then challenge them to squeeze in a manner that will
make the two sides not come out symmetrical. It is a convincing effort.
I wish I had remembered it in class today, maybr tommorrow.

Interesting. But what, exactly does it demonstrate?

-- Donald

The concept from my mind is that you cannot push harder with one of the
fingers. No matter which is the agent, thumb or index, that the other
pushes back just as hard.

Am I way off?

Ken Fox