Re: Action - Reaction Demo

Has anyone every made an action reaction demonstration using a fire
extinguisher or air tank of some kind?

If you have:
1 What did you learn about your design that you like or would do
different?
2 What was your vehicle?
3 Would you change about your design and how?
4 Do you use a fire extinguisher?
5 What to you fill the extinguisher with?
6 What should I look for in buying an extinguisher?
7 What do you pay to get it refilled?

Thanks for the help and insight ahead of time.
-tony

Tony,

Several universities I worked/work at get this for free by arrangement with
the UNIV fire/safety people: as the extinguishers age past the recharge
date, they are cycled over to the physics dept for discharge in demos,
then back into the pool of test/recharge replacement extinuishers that go
out to the sites again. Here at NAU the fire safety people even deliver and
rotate our stock for us.

If your school is not big enough for this (requires many extinguishers and a
program of people working on them) maybe you can find a nearby industrial
plant who'd like a nice frameable letter of thanks from your school. Maybe
you can get these for the asking and the offer to shuttle the extinguishers
back and forth.

Dan M

Dan MacIsaac, Assistant Professor of Physics and Astronomy, Northern AZ Univ
danmac@nau.edu http://www.phy.nau.edu/~danmac