Re: I need a program

Check out GraphicConverter (shareware from Germany)
check most shareware sources such as

http://hyperarchive.lcs.mit.edu/HyperArchive.html

(I just got a Mac G3 PowerBook and it's SLICK!!!!)

At 7:44 PM +0100 8/27/98, Ludwik Kowalski wrote:
I am preparing web pages for students using Netscape's Composer.
Unfortunately, as far as I know, this program does not allow me
to turn a regular GIF file into a poor resolution file. I need small
pictures to be used as links to display big pictures, when students
click on them. Composer does allow me to "resize" a picture but
its small picture-files are as long as its big picture-files.

This must be a common task. I know big graphic programs, like
Photoshop, can do this but I do not want to learn about another
monster. My big pictures are produced on a scanner. Can somebody
recommend a freeware (or shareware) Mac program to make
short (poor resolution) files from long image files. Contact me in
private. Tell me what you know about the program. Thanks. I am
using OS 8.1 on my AV Mac 8500. And the newest version of
Netscape Communicator.

Ludwik Kowalski --> kowalskiL@mail.montclair.edu

britton@odie.ncssm.edu you have forgotten everything
(919) 286-3366 x224 Albert Einstein, 1936