Re: Galileo painting

I do not recall the exact URL, but there is a site maintained by the
Vatican (if I recall corectly) that shows all of the churches treasures.
These are very high res photos of art holdings. They are phenomenal in
beauty. If that is not the site you are looking for, you will enjoy it,
nonetheless. Try one of the search engines. Good luck, Karl

Over the years I kept a collection of digitized images of great scientists.
My students loves it... or they like my enthousiam while describing them.

In Florence, the IMSS gives a small picture of a wall painting (fresca) of
Galileo demonstrating the inclined plane. Does anyone have an higher
resolution image ?

I've try several time to contact them without success.

Mathieu Dubreuil
ES Pointe-Claire
Qu=E9bec, Canada

Regard sur la Physique
http://cyberscol.qc.ca/classes/physique/p1/accueil.html

Dr. Karl I. Trappe Desk Phone: (512) 471-4152
Physics Dept, Mail Stop C-1600 Demo Office: (512) 471-5411
The University of Texas at Austin Home Phone: (512) 264-1616
Austin, Texas 78712-1081