Re: Bookmarks

You might try FreeURL or Internet Organizer. Both are available for
download from

http://www.winfiles.com/apps/98/url.html

FreeURL is free and Internet Organizer is shareware for about $50.

Hope this helps.

I have a slightly off-topic Q here: I also have a few thousand bookmarks
languishing and being moved. I'd LIKE a program that ties into Netscape
and Internet Exploiter and loads bookmarks into a small database, where
i could add comments, frame titles would automagically get sucked in and
that held the original URL. Then I could query the database by searching for
say FCI + math + .edu and have it find links I know I put in there and are
of quality and interest to me.

Does anyone know of such SW? I'd even pay :^) I've never seen an even
half-decent URL management utility and this doesn';t seem like rocket
science.

Dan M

I'm with Chuck. If Phys-L goes to the Web, I'll never see it again. I have
thousands of sites bookmarked and almost never go back to them, even the
ones I know I should because I know I'll get valuable new info from them.
There are just too many distractions, and getting the Phys-L postings
directly to my inbox, is the only way I could keep up with them, or
occasionally have somthing to contribute.

Hugh

Hugh Haskell
<mailto://hhaskell@mindspring.com>

Paul J. Camp "The Beauty of the Universe
Assistant Professor of Physics consists not only of unity
Coastal Carolina University in variety but also of
Conway, SC 29528 variety in unity.
pjcamp@coastal.edu --Umberto Eco
pjcamp@postoffice.worldnet.att.net The Name of the Rose
(803)349-2227